Terms and Conditions
1.Deer Stalking will take place on dates previously agreed and will be under the direction of County Deer Stalkings employee's/workers who's decision will be final.
2. It is your responsibility to ensure you are fit & healthy for Deer Stalking. Any health conditions that might affect your ability to stalk deer should be disclosed to your guide prior to your outing.
3. YOU MUST PROVIDE YOUR OWN THIRD PARTY INSURANCE
4. An Estate rifle can be made available, however if you are shooting your own rifle it must comply with the minimum legal requirements.
5. You must accept that you will not be permitted to shoot deer unless we are satisfied that you are competent to do so. Depending on your experience we may ask you to pass a shooting test prior to being allowed to stalk.
6. We reserve the right to send a guest home without refund if safety is infringed or inhumane shots are attempted.
7. There are a number of footpaths and walkers that frequent the land we hunt on therefore:
SHOTS MAY ONLY BE TAKEN AT STATIONARY DEER WITH AN OBSERVABLE SOFT EARTH BACKSTOP.
8. High seats are maintained to a high standard but guests must accept that they use them at their own risk.
9. We reserve the right to cancel booked stalk outings and/or training courses and rearrange if in our judgement we feel that the weather conditions are unsuitable for the activity.
10. During a stalk outing or on one of our training courses, you may be loaned equipment to use such as stalking sticks, binoculars or knives. Whilst the equipment is in the possession of the client during the loan period, the client accepts all risks for personal injury, public liability, personal liability and / or damage to property related to the use of the loaned equipment. In the event that any item of loaned equipment is damaged, the cost of repair or replacement will be charged to the client.
Fees & Charges
We offer first class stalking for 5 of the 6 UK deer species found in the wild including Roe, Red, Fallow, Muntjac and CWD.
Park Deer Stalking
We offer exceptional stalking for medal class Barasingha, Red, Fallow, Sika and Pere David on a private 1,000+ acre estate in East Sussex.
Selection of trophies to be at the discretion of County Deer Stalking staff/workers or the manager of the estate venue.
Professional Trophy Preparation
CDS offers simple cutting, boiling and bleaching and mounting through to skinning and the highest quality taxidermy.
If an animal is wounded or missed, all stalking will stop until all possible attempts have been made to locate the animal. Any time spent in excess of the normal 3 hour stalk session in search of the animal will incur an additional charge.
In circumstances where the beast is not found and the shot is deemed to be a clean miss, this will incur a charge of 75% of the estimated trophy fees and venison at the discretion of the stalking guide.
In circumstances where the beast is not found and the animal is deemed to have been wounded, 100% of the estimated trophy fees and venison will be payable by the client.
Any resulting venison remains the property of County Deer Stalking though you may be given the opportunity to purchase the carcass. The full price of the carcase will be charged if the carcase is badly shot resulting in haunch/saddle damage etc.
Stalk outing fees are payable upon booking an outing, subsequent fees for shot animals, venison etc. are to be paid on the day or by bank transfer by arrangement following the hunt. Stalk packages and training courses are payable upon booking; for our more expensive courses, costs may be spread over a period by arrangement.
Cancellation of bookings less than one week (7 days) will incur 100% of the stalk outing or training course fee/cost and therefore not valid for a refund.
Gift vouchers issued for stalk outings and training courses are valid for one year and are non-refundable. If the recipient of a gift voucher does not wish to participate in the activity specified on the voucher, it may be exchanged for another CDS activity of the same value.
BY ACCEPTING AN OUTINGS STALKING YOU ARE DEEMEMD TO HAVE AGREED TO THE ABOVE TERMS & CONDITIONS.
YOU ALSO DECLARE THAT YOU ARE NOT A PROHIBITED PERSON UNDER SECT 21 1968 FIREARMS ACT OR SECTION 63 2004 FIREARMS (N.I) ORDER.